Sunday, June 5, 2016

Recipe: Our Favorite Macaroni and Cheese


Our Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
epicurious.com
5 stars

The last 10+ times I've made Mac & Cheese, I've used America's Test Kitchen (ATK) Recipe.  The show vets recipes to come up with the very best recipe possible based on science and testing . . . and while I've liked theirs, I wanted to try something different.  I googled "best mac and cheese recipe," and this recipe from epicurious.com came up in my search results.

I'll say it was quite delicious and does beat ATK's recipe.  What makes it different is the use of panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), adding garlic to the breadcrumb topping, using a little heavy cream in addition to the milk and adding a bit of mustard powder.  It was a hit with friends, so I'll definitely be making this again.

Topping Ingredients:  panko, garlic, Parmesan, butter, extra-virgin olive oil, kosher salt

Mac & Cheese Sauce Ingredients:  elbow macaroni, milk, cream, extra-sharp cheddar, Parmesan, butter, flour, kosher salt, white pepper, mustard powder


No comments:

Post a Comment