Burrata Salad with Peaches, Pickled Pepper and Pea Tendrils
Food and Wine Magazine, July 2015
A really nice, fresh and peachy summertime salad. Plus, who doesn't love burrata?
The sweetness from the peaches, the creaminess of the burrata, the mint, the acid from the dressing and the spice from the pepper make a delicious, complex and all-around satisfying dish for the taste buds.
- Salad ingredients: burrata cheese, pea tendrils, purslane sprigs, peaches, mint leaves, Kosher salt, pepper
- Dressing ingredients: shallot, red wine vinegar, grapeseed oil, extra-virgin olive oil, Kosher salt, pepper
- Pickled pepper ingredients: banana pepper or cubanelle pepper, Champagne vinegar, Kosher salt
- Simplified the recipe and used mixed greens instead of pea tendrils and purslane sprigs which I couldn't find
- Used a peperoncino instead of pickling a pepper (also couldn't find a banana pepper or cubanelle pepper at the grocery store)
- Added more peaches than the recipe called for