|7452 Mary (Bloody Mary)|
|Brioche Bread Pudding with Roasted Pineapple|
and Condensed Milk Ice Cream
It's rare when I dine at a restaurant and enjoy every single item I ordered and where service is flawless. To help me remember our amazing experience, here is what we enjoyed:
- 7452 Mary: At 7,452 feet, Deer Valley's signature Bloody Mary is topped off with a wasabi and celery espuma, cayenne pepper and black lava salt.
- It was served with a pipette of Worcestershire sauce (fun!). It's the best Bloody Mary I've ever had in my life. Super fresh, spicy, unique with the wasabi/celery/green apple foam and the slightly sweet black lava salt.
- Smoke & Fire: Don Julio Reposado Tequila, High West Campfire Whiskey, Lemon, Spiced Hibiscus, Orange
- Who would've thought to put tequila and whiskey in a drink together? Smooth and balanced with lots of complexity. Loved this.
- Tuna Tartare with Avocado, Spicy Radish and a Ginger Marinade
- Amazingly fresh; I could've eaten 3 of this app since it was small; would've been perfect with crostini.
- Sichuan Pepper Crusted Yellowfin Tuna
- It was served with 2 Shishito peppers and a soy-miso mustard sauce. Ordered it rare, and it was amazing just like the app -- suprisingly not spicy even though it had the Sichuan peppers on the outside crust. I must find Jean-Georges' recipe for the soy-miso mustard sauce!
- Brioche Bread Pudding with Roasted Pineapple and Condensed Milk Ice Cream
- This is what bread pudding should always be like -- moist and decadent with every single bite. It was topped with a thinly sliced dried piece of pineapple. A lovely end to our meal.
Regarding drinks, I think their cocktail list was one of the best I've seen. I wanted to try all of them!
Here was their specialty cocktail menu:
I'd HIGHLY recommend dining at J&G grill or going there for apres-ski! (Apparently, there is a way to ski down to the bar!) Note that we took a nice finicular ride from the bottom to get to the hotel that's mid-mountain.